Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: RONNYinWAXHAW's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View RONNYinWAXHAW's profile Entries: 23
Views: 3631
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (5): 1 2 3 [4] 5

07-06-2011 07:56 PM Distraction Pt.2
The trans has gone bad in the El Camino, and it's just sitting there getting me letters from the town. Meanwhile, my GMC Jimmy's trans
gave up while pulling a Uhaul full of band equipment. A friend at work wanted the Jimmy and we worked out a deal on this '81 C10 fleetside. It aint a looker either, and you'll notice it has had the early front clip hung on it. But it runs and the title now has my name on it. I've got some things to do to make it a dependable daily driver, and that step-side bed is going on it shortly. And sometime I've got to get a trans in the El Camino and get the town to leave me alone.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

03-12-2011 12:17 PM it's been a while
My son moved on to other (paying) projects and needed the space, so we loaded up the El Camino and I brought it home. Meanwhile, along came a distraction....

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

04-27-2010 04:04 AM wired
Not much has gone on lately. Yesterday he got the wiring hooked up and sent this picture. I need to buy some weatherstrip for the window channel in the doors so we can mount the glass in them and hang them on the truck.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

04-04-2010 03:03 PM Finally Started 2
These last two shots show the truck with the Monte Carlo SS front clip installed. The doors will have the El Camino glass swapped in, and then they will be installed. The SS was in a salvage yard, and the driver's side door had been replaced with a door from a non-SS Monte Carlo. There will be more shortly.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

04-04-2010 02:58 PM Finally Started
With good weather in the Carolinas and my paycheck starting to look better, we are getting started. The blue truck is gone, and I'm solely focused on the black truck. My son is doing the work, and because we live an hour apart, he's stopping to take photos as he works and sending them to me. Here he's installing the Monte Carlo SS front clip.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

Pages (5): 1 2 3 [4] 5