Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: imperial's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View imperial's profile Entries: 5
Views: 797
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

12-15-2005 05:44 PM My little helper!
This is one of my reasons to build this car.I have two other children too.This car is for my family to enjoy and be proud of.This is Caleb terrorizing the poor steering wheel insert.He was trying to pick it up and bang it.That would be bad for him and the ring.
I have taken the dash out of the car.So now I have chrome layed out everywhere.I have polished alot of it with (Semi Chrome polish).Here are some that have been done.I have the speedo out and am restoring the inner parts.
The wifey doesn't like all the chrome on her kitchen table.So I better get back to it before she sales them on me!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

12-04-2005 08:38 PM More pictures
Trying to catch up on some of the pictures.I will write more after I get some on here for people to see.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

12-04-2005 08:24 PM Disassembly of body
My wifes 13 year old cousin has helped me when he can.We have taken the chrome off of the car.Have started to take it to bare metal while we switched off.It is good to have help!He gets to learn and I get free labor!Ain't that beautiful?
You have to bare with the mess in my garage and the unfinished spots of the body.They have been finished since then.(Not the mess in the garage!)I just can't keep it clean when more stuff gets put in there.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

12-04-2005 08:13 PM The deal on the car.
I traded a 1979 Caprice Classic two door/slant back window car for the 55.It was a hard decision on my part,but I did it anyway.I liked the Caprice but the Imperial is what I wanted.I have known the man who owned it since I was a small child.He is 74.So it is for him to enjoy too!
I don't want to bore you so here are some pictures of the Caprice and Imperial.What would you of done?
Next post will have alot of body parts being disassembled and repaired.See you real soon.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

12-04-2005 08:03 PM Bringing my Imp home!
September of '05 has brought my car home where it belonged.I have wanted this car for over four years.It is a 1955 Chrysler Imperial , four door sedan.It has power steering , windows and front seat.It came with the (Fire Power) 331 Hemi.The car is a number matching car.Original completely.
As of September I have been working on the car.I have not taken time to post any pictures or even start this journal.Now I will catch up some.
I have taken the Hemi apart in October.Any Mopar junkies know how heavy the heads are on these cars.I sat my butt on the block and lifted these out one by one.I layed them on my knees and swiveled to the side to lay them on a bench I have on wheels.Thank the Lord that they did not fall off on a fender!
I have a cherry picker now so I will be taking the block out soon.Before I wasn't able to remove it because of no picker.
The trim has been removed from the car a few weeks back and you will see what was under them.For a fifty year old car it wasn't all that bad.I have some lower quarter pieces to make and weld in.The chrome kept to much moisture on the panels.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]