Started working on the rad set up for the new aluminum rad. First I put the electric fans on so I can figure out the clearance. I bent 2 saddles for the bottom of the rad to sit in also making them wide enough to hold the rubber cushion and fit snug. I then cut out some stainless side mounts drilled them to match the existing bolt pattern, then bend them to semi wrap around the rad with the rubber cushion. Now I filled the gap at the top of the rad support between the rad and the support with polished stainless. I blasted the upper support brackets and primed them. There will be repairs to do at the end of the brackets but they are salvageable. Next I have to strip the old grille support of anything that can be used on the truck.
Here's the dash insert for the pressure gauges. it will need some finishing touches before paint but ill leave it for later. Picked up new body parts doors fenders etc...and started to fit them. Not knowing how to put this truck together the doors should of gone on first. Oh well take it apart and start over. Did realize that the mounts for the bumper i fabricated are a 1/2 inch to long and they stop the grille support from going into place. Easier to cut the mounts than a new grille support. Picked up the bumper yesterday and now I can set-up the rest of this front end bumper mounts. The new inner fender walls had to be cut to accept the f-body sub-frame upper control arms.
I decided that the dash the way it was doesn't suit my needs. I figured I needed an area for the pressure gauges, for the air bags. My dilemma was what would look acceptable to the old style of the dash. So I figure a smaller version of the main dash would look the best. I left enough room for the pressure switches, cut out a template and proceeded to cut away. Its rough right now but in time I will finish it when the time comes. The insert will be separate from the dash and will have to be mounted in.
I'm back on track working on the old truck. I fabricated a ice box for those trips to the shows. It is stainless steel with a cherry wood trim and cover. It still needs a bit of work. I still need to weld in a drain, finish the trim and figure out how I want to open and shut the lid.