Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: hot_rod_kid's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View hot_rod_kid's profile Entries: 39
Views: 7544
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

11-21-2012 11:59 AM Car show Btt50's 2012
I was also at Back to the Fifties with the car. Met a lot of people from the MSRA ignitors club and got a few things for the car and myself. Won a drawing at the show too, $200 worth of goods from Lokar

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #39]

11-21-2012 11:53 AM Running 250
Short clip of it running for the first time. Seems to run better on 91 octane.

http://www.facebook.com/v/4024708057674

[Entry #38]

11-21-2012 11:52 AM 250 inline swap
Last summer I replaced the worn out friend piston ring 230 inline with a new used 250 inline. Not much notice in power gains but it's nice to have an engine that doesn't puke black smoke and run like garbage. It's a direct swap so I was able to get the motor swapped in a weekend, no modifications needed.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #37]

06-23-2010 12:32 AM Maiden Voyage and Maiden Car Show
Took the car out to Back to the Fifties this past weekend. That was scary. First drive in the car to a location more than 3 blocks from my driveway. But all ran good, she idles nice and rough (still gotta work on that, thinking its my timing). Transmission shifts like a dream with the B&M Shift kit installed. Shifter was a bit strange to get used to, but I've got it hammered down now. I decided to be a ****** and drop the exhaust after my Smitty Glasspack, thats just below the drivers seat. Nothing like inhaling exhaust fumes while driving the beast down the road.

Overall, the car is great. Could be better with a few minor adjustments, but it's a classic. I want to cruise in it until I can really put money into it. It runs, drives, and stops. That's all that matters.

One pic, the car sitting in her glory at Back to the Fifties 2010.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #36]

04-29-2010 11:33 AM Plans changed, yet again!!
Well once again I'm left disappointed. Problems with my daily driver occurred (Transmission went out) and I needed to sell the daily. That meant buying a new car, which depleted practically all of my savings account. So, left broke and sad (but happy with the new ride) I decided to scrap the idea of dual exhaust, and just do a makeover of the original intake and exhaust, as well as clean up the engine bay a little. Cheaper, but not nearly as cool looking.

The pics show the nasty setup from before. Lots of dust and rust and other words that end with -ust and generally bad to inhale.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #35]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8