Rambo the Dog is adjusting well-enough to the chemo and healed up from the surgeries so I went out to finally start working on something in the shop!
But I got fed up with no lighting, tools scattered everywhere and finally made the command decision to do some remodelling so that I could have a "clean area" of the shop to do paint and bodywork in.
I've just finished the bulk of the work, I'll be hanging lights this weekend 5 - 8' 110 w flourescents from the ceiling and 8 more 4ft wet-dust-area t32 fixtures for side lighting (I'll probablly make them portable)
so finally, maybe after 1.5 years in this house I might be able to use my shop the way I always intended!
I just wrapped up the rust repair on the drivers front fender and passenger floor board replacement.
Now the only rust repairs left are some issues with the bottoms of a couple of the doors.
I need to pickup an oxy-acetylene welder to help with some metal shrinking and massaging in places - but I have to wait to get some more cash saved.
So I started on some custom suicide hinges for the rear doors - but ran into too many problems due to the unique construction of the car - I'm not giving up on them - I just need to regroup and engineer a different solution that will probably involve some linear actuators - stay tuned...