Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: fasthuhpat's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View fasthuhpat's profile Entries: 32
Views: 14816
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (7): 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

02-03-2007 08:19 PM LS1 CHEVETTE
Finally moved to new shop so i can start working on the Vette again. Before the move I thrashed to get the front airbags in stalled. I had to do a lot of cutting and welding to the lower control arms and the crossmember. In the pictures the front is down on the snubbers and the back is close to being bottomed out. I plan on getting lower profile tires for the front to get some turning clearance. I ended up using 1.5" drop spindles on the front with all new bushings and bearings so the intire front end is new or rebuilt. I plan on getting after it pretty soon as long as it doesnt get too cold! I know i am a wuss!! Thanks for checking out my little project

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

11-22-2006 09:05 PM LS1 CHEVETTE
Here is a couple shots of the front crossmember and the airbags. lot's of cutting and welding going on here

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

11-04-2006 07:45 PM LS1 CHEVETTE
Fuel cell and rear bags in place. Also added rear crossmember behind the fuel cell. I also had the fuel cell shortened so it would fit behind the shock crossmember and not on top.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

10-24-2006 09:56 PM LS1 CHEVETTE
Getting close to finishing the rear half. bars are from suicide doors .com. Also i have the fuel cell with sending / pump unit installed.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

09-18-2006 08:20 PM NEW PICTURES
Finally got to work on the chevette. I cut out the old floor, and started putting the rear suspension in. I put the enging in last night to mock it all up for mounts. The bad news is that the a/c will not fit in the stock location, so it will have to be moved or deleted from the build. i made an idler out of the power steering pump by removing the pump sliders inside, filled the pump with Moble one and capped off the outlet and vented the inlet.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

Pages (7): 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7