Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: fasthuhpat's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View fasthuhpat's profile Entries: 32
Views: 15194
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

06-21-2006 01:28 PM Finally some progress!
Long time since my last update, Changed my mind on the Rover v8, It was going to cost more than it was worth. so i went with my second choice an LS1 with an automatic, I bought it complete with the computer, and i even bought the HP tuners program and cables so i could set it up the way I want. Engine and trans are out of a 2002 TA with 54,000miles on them. $3700.00 delivered I even bought the dash cluster fron the car so i could use it in the chevette. The first pic is the donor car, OUCH! the second and third are the engine trans combo.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

05-27-2006 10:59 AM Changing my mind?
Looks like i am going to go with an LS engine set up instead of the Rover. More power, More dependable and actually a little cheaper. I sold my 505 BBC and as soon as the payment clears I am buying an ls1, I havent really decided on what trans to run yet, auto or 6 speed, it might boil down to what is available at the time.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

03-05-2006 10:13 PM sunday
I set the rear end in to the rough cut opening. It's gunna be close but i think it will look good.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

02-24-2006 07:34 PM onward!
Progress is slow but I have purchased new drums and shoes for the rear end, I pulled the cover and all is ok there. I bought two rims from jeg's for 39 buck a piece!. 15x8 4 inch back spacing, Its going to be tight but i think it will work. Have two rear tires coming also, 265/50x15 8.8 inches of tread and 25.5 inches tall, should look pretty tough. I started plasma cutting the inner fenders out for clearance but i think i am going to remove the whole rear floor area so i can put a little narrower frame in there as well as get clearance for a triangulated 4 link. I am still gathering Rover engine pieces so if you have any give me a shout! The tires should be here next tuesday so i'll have a better idea of fit. heres some update photos, plus Stewart and zoey come to the bars to say HI!!!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

02-13-2006 07:20 PM More goodies
Well I have been sick for the last week so no work on the car has been done. I have got a couple more goodies. I found a rear end in Tulsa for $225! What a deal Dana 44 3:73 posi and 49 1/4" wide. Perfect! I also got the short block from D&D Fabrication.. But the best part is the Blower, sorced from good ole Ebay! It is a whipple 1600 twin screw 1.6L displacement and even Polished.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7