Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: fasthuhpat's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View fasthuhpat's profile Entries: 32
Views: 15813
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

02-01-2006 09:55 PM Stripped firewall
I spent a couple hours tonight before it got too cold in the shop, and removed the entire dash, wiring and steering. Was pretty easy, I have never taken a car apart that was as easy as this chevette was. Of coarse it will go back together a whole lot slower! I did get the supercharger ordered (Thank god for Ebay!) But more on that later! here are a couple pictures of the odd shaped firewall. more to come..........

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

01-28-2006 11:22 PM Onward
The last couple of trips to the shop hhave netted some decent progress. I have finally remove all the drivetrain, fuel lines, brake lines, fuel tank and front crossmember. I think I will invest in a rebuilt rack for it this one seems to feel notchy. I had fun getting the upper a arm bolt out. Hammer time! I will going back with all new bushings and ball joints and tie rod ends. I am taking the front cross member, and a arms to the powder coater next week. The first picture is a set of wheels we had laying around in the shop, so i wedged them in the fender wells to see how it looked. Not too bad, I will be going with a little bit smaller in diameter but wider. 275 50 15 on the rear or 26x10x 15. the other shots show the under side and empty engine compartment.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

01-19-2006 10:35 PM Engine romoval
Removed the engine tonight, pretty easy and a little greasy! Good running engine trans and rear end now for sale! I forget just how light these cars are! after pulling the engine and trans i can easly lift one side of it!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

01-18-2006 10:02 PM interior removal
I removed all the old icky carpet and interior pieces last night. I even had time to weld up the cracked metal around the drivers side striker.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

01-14-2006 10:21 PM more interior shots
Sweet huh?? the first picture has the heads for the new motor in the back. The second is a front shot before i stared taking it apart, notice the layers of carpet. The third is an overall shot of the car, notice it has 5 lug fiero wheels on the front along with the brakes.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7