Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Brian_B's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Brian_B's profile Entries: 13
Views: 3974
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

08-07-2008 02:08 AM time to start body work
It was not exactly planned to start on the body work now, but one of the fenders was cracking really bad.

I have been collecting supplies for the last 6 months or so to get started, but still do not have everything I need. Cash flow is really tight right now with the medical bills.

I started sanding on one area of the fender....OH MY! This is bad.

I decided to pull the fender off and just strip it and see just how bad.

Here is the front and rear of the fender after it was stripped.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

08-07-2008 02:04 AM tires again
I finally found a 5th correct wheel for the truck (for my spare) and added the hub cap and trim ring to it.

The first set of used tires I picked up ($80 mounted and balanced) were completely worn out. I drive this truck constantly.

I can't afford new ones, so I started looking around again for some more used ones. I found a set of nearly new michilin tires somone didn't like and traded off.

I have them on the truck now as well as another used spare.

Here is how the truck looked about a month ago.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

08-07-2008 01:59 AM small items added
I had purchased some step plates for the running boards over a year ago from a guy who was going to hotrod his truck.

They were new and in the package still.

The next thing I decided I wanted was some sort of console inside the truck. There was no place to keep anything or sit a drink.

I chose a contractors console to sit in the seat. The top flips up for storage, but the top itself goes forward. It has a clip board, a yellow legal pad, and a pen on the top. It makes a neat desk in the truck.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

08-07-2008 01:56 AM mirror solution
Since the originals are hard to find and/or expensive...I did the next best thing.

BobJ49f2 (on another forum) found some cheap modern parts that mimic (sort of) the old style mirrors.

First pic is the parts.

The second pic is a close up of them installed.

The third pic is of the front of the truck with them both on.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

08-07-2008 01:50 AM The next project was mirrors
My truck came with what dealers sell as the correct truck mirrors for 56. They were really floppy and totally useless to see out of.

The OEM truck mirrors are extremely expensive, if you can even find them.

The first pic is an OEM ford truck mirror from 56 (they had two...one extend-able and one not).

The second picture is of mine that are all floppy. I could not see over the spare on the drivers side and the passenger side one was behind the bar where my wing glass is. Both would be useless even if they were not flopping around.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3