Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: BadA$$37's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View BadA$$37's profile Entries: 5
Views: 1108
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

02-01-2006 09:30 AM Wheels
Went with some Torque thrust IIs, 20s out back and 17s up front. Starting to think I should have went with 18s in the front?

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

02-01-2006 08:34 AM Transmission
I bought a T-56 from ebay and will be installing it, might need some help with the master cylinder set up, would like to go with a 90* reverse mount clutch and brake master installed under the dash

[Entry #4]

02-01-2006 08:30 AM Engine
Picked up an LT1 from a local Vet shop and rebuilt it completely. This engine was out of a stolen vet that sat in a field with the snorkel facing up and you guessed it filled two cylinders with H2o. If that wasn't bad enough it froze and cracked both cylinders. I was able to get an additional block and put it all back together... I do still have the original block and plan on having it sleeved and use it for ????????????

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

02-01-2006 08:23 AM 1937 Ford Convertible Build
This is my first Major Streetrod. I have rebuilt and restored many cars in the S Cal area. I moved to Denver and decided to go for the big Project and do a full Streetrod build. I started with a 39 frame from a local J Yard, and ordered a Downs 37 convertible body with suicide doors its been chopped as well as channeled, had the folding top installed as well. I have been working of this project for some time now. Took a little time off and had a couple kids as well as rebuilt a couple other cars that I picked up at the Insurance auction here locally. Had a stint where I built a bunch of ride on streetrods that you see at the shows. Now its time to start back on the 37. Here we go!!

[Entry #2]

02-01-2006 08:10 AM Frame with Suspension
Started with a 39 frame cut out the X member and fully boxed front to rear. I bought a Corvette C4 IRS, I narrowed the rear cover as well as the half shafts, lower control arms and toe adjustments. I built my own mount and hangers to fit rear end in this frame. Also installed Corvette front suspension. I removed the mono leaf spring front and rear and replaced with Aldin coilovers.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]