Today it's 105 degrees F in the garage so I figured it's warm enough to mock up more of the engine and trans to see how everythings gonna fit. Added headers, dropped in the HEI and the dress up goodies. I am waiting on parts for the steering assembly so I needed to get those hugger headers on in order to route the shaft and u-joints. More to come.
Finished work on the rear end today by installing the remainder of the brakes. New brakes hub to hub. Put on some old rims and set the car on the floor. I used a Chassis Engineering complete rear end kit to install a GM rear from a 79' Firebird. I like the stance and it lowered the car quite a bit. What a way to start out the New Year working on the Hot Rod!
Today I installed the springs, rotors and put some old wheels on and pushed her outside to have a look see. Not bad. When I get the wheel and tire combination on later that will make a difference too. Also, I was able to clean the garage out so I can get back to work on the car.