Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: TT66''s Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View TT66''s profile Entries: 9
Views: 2355
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

08-05-2007 03:37 PM Engine/Trans Mock-up
Today it's 105 degrees F in the garage so I figured it's warm enough to mock up more of the engine and trans to see how everythings gonna fit. Added headers, dropped in the HEI and the dress up goodies. I am waiting on parts for the steering assembly so I needed to get those hugger headers on in order to route the shaft and u-joints. More to come.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

01-01-2007 02:18 PM GM Rear Axle is Installed
Finished work on the rear end today by installing the remainder of the brakes. New brakes hub to hub. Put on some old rims and set the car on the floor. I used a Chassis Engineering complete rear end kit to install a GM rear from a 79' Firebird. I like the stance and it lowered the car quite a bit. What a way to start out the New Year working on the Hot Rod!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

10-22-2006 05:21 PM Outside for a look see
Today I installed the springs, rotors and put some old wheels on and pushed her outside to have a look see. Not bad. When I get the wheel and tire combination on later that will make a difference too. Also, I was able to clean the garage out so I can get back to work on the car.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

10-21-2006 06:24 PM All Welded In and Hanging a Few Parts
Today I cleaned up everything after welding in and shot some black chassis paint on the new section and put some of the parts on to have another look at her.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

10-16-2006 09:43 PM Out with the Old and In with the New
Removed old front end today from car. Marked my axle centerline, notched the inside of the frame and slid the new crossmember into place to see how she'll look once squared and level.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

Pages (2): [1] 2