Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 41willys's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 41willys's profile Entries: 20
Views: 10183
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

07-19-2008 09:30 PM Running again...
Well, 8-71 blower installed, running, tuned and took it out for the first run with the new addition.

That is my 7 year old son, and my 2 year old daughter. He loves to ride in it and do things with it, she on the other hand loves hot rods as long as she does not have to get in one.

I knew the blower would make more power, but WOW is all I know to say right now. The car had tons of power before, and now it is just amazing.

The installation went very well, but had to make numerous changes as it was going back together. Changed the dist. of course, then the radiator and entire cooling system had to be redone, but all in all it went very well. I had some minor issues with the Demon carbs at first, as in bowls left loose, couple of fuel leaks, then all was o.k. Turned the engine over a few times, then put the fuel to the carbs, and it lit off on the first try. Set the timing, checked the advancement and then put it away.

7/19/08 - Retest all systems, then loaded on trailer to take to a cruise night, then the rain was coming. Never made it to the destination, ran back home from the rain. Of course we had beautiful weather at the house, so I took my son for a little 20 minute cruise. Lets just say, the car has boo-coos of power, even at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle, gets all kinds of stupid. BUT IT IS SUPER FUN!!!

Thanks for looking and reading...

Jason

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #20]

06-08-2008 02:05 PM My boy is just as excited!
My soon to be 7 year old son was more excited than me. The day I decided to install the blower, he was my slave driver. He insisted on completion. He is a great helper!

Thank you Wade...

Jason

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

06-08-2008 02:02 PM Was getting ready for paint, now this...
Began stripping for paint, but decided to install blower. It was supposed to go in on June 4th, another delay. The blower is a Blower Shop 8-71. Looks mean, and completely changed the attitude of the car. I can't wait for paint. The car has been stripped of all external parts and dash panel is disassembled for paint. Took two or three steps forward, but now it feels that I have taken 10 steps back.

Jason

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #18]

04-26-2008 05:52 AM The first time out, before paint.
Well, decided to take it out to a local Saturday night cruise in, its reception was great. I did not realize how well even a primered unfinished car would be received. This place has some beautiful cars and trucks there.

It was fun while it lasted, currently being torn back down for paint, finally have decided on what I want. Hope to have it back by the end of June...

Jason

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

11-21-2006 07:24 PM Interior Coming Along
These are pictures of the interior after being at the upholstery shop after one and a half weeks. Should be completed soon. I love the flames, some do and some don't. I figured if there will be flames, I might as well go overboard.

I will update the pictures shortly, once the interior is completed.

Jason

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4