I know i don't know what i'm doing, but it gravels me to to have to fix stuff i paid a professional to build in the first place.
I paid somebody to hook up the parking brake and put on the muffler, but he only hooked up one cable, and let the speedo cable touch the exhaust.
So i replaced the speedo cable and put a turnbuckle on the parking brake. Hooked up both sides. It's still not tight enough, but the speedo works.. I have more adjustment on the parking brake. Later. This is the third parking brake i have worked on in a row.
And i replaced a brake hose on the Ratster, but the pads still drag... brakes work better. have to rebuild the caliper, i guess.
I am supposedly working on painting the Frankenwagen, but it's slow.
Got the hand brake hooked up. It doesn't work very well. Either i don't have enough leverage or the cables are rusty. Or something. Later for that. I want to drive this thing a little while the weather is good.
And put on a battery cut-off switch until i can get the wiring figured out. I suspect i have the wrong ignition switch or crossed some wires.
Always something, especially when you don't know what you are doing.
Next trick is to paint the Frakenwagen and maybe try to sell it.
Got the main assembly done, it's a 60's Chevy hand brake lever, welded to a hefty piece of angle iron on one side and with a piece of 3/4 square tubing to extend the lever. $10.00 on eBay, 18.00 with shipping.
Now to make it fit the cables, reinforce the floor to hold it and hook it up.
You can tell it from the rusty bench and the rusty tools. It's a little less rusty.
Oh, and tested the Ratster's new radiator yesterday, it stayed between 130 and 180, even though it was over 90 outside.
So maybe that's ok now..
But the cup holder won't hold that big Sonic drink, a major design flaw.
And put on new rear shocks to help stop the wheel hop problem, but you know what shocks look like.