Got most of this done today. Welded up and bondoed. I know i'm not supposed to use this caulk stuff like this, but the whole bottom came out of the tube, and i thought i would use it up. It will dry one of these days, and the radiator will probably take a week to be fixed, if it can be fixed.
IF i know what kind of radiator this was, i would get another. But i don't.
Had a bad overheating problem on the Ratster yesterday, had to seek refuge at a garage, Turns out Mr. Bell, the owner, has a real nice street rod, a 38 Plymouth Coupe with a 350. We yakked for a while until the Ratster cooled down, he gave me a six-blade fan, and off i went.
I was hoping the water pump had eroded, but it was fine. No other obvious problems, so i will go have the radiator rebuilt. I also decided to redo the grill shell while i was at it, and put in this Mercedes grill i have.
So allowing a bigger hole for the air to get to the radiator.
#1) Put on a bumper i finagled from a friend
#2) the Mercedes Grill. It will have to go in upside down.
#3) The start of the frenching process.
Ran out of cutting discs and broke the last saw blade at this point and went to a Cruise in in Mt Airy. Saw two of the weirdest trikes ever. One had the whole rear end of a Fiero with a Harley front, and the other was all handmade with a big A** V-8 and the radiator in the rear. It had wheelie bars in the back, and looked like it needed them.
Nice to know i'm not even close to being the strangest guy around.