Replaced that line, and bled them, got lots of brakes. Parenthetically, that is a weird braking system. Two lines to the back, that ran into one block, then a rubber hose down to the axle, and the split to the rear wheels.
We think the rubber line was collapsing, blocking flow to the wheels. Finally it leaked and we changed it out, but that took a real long time.
Spent over an hour yesterday driving the guys at the auto parts store nuts.. Seems the master cylinder has a metric regular flare, and the slave has a metric bubble flare.. Weee.. Do they make an adapter? No, they do not.
Finally found an adapter to SAE on one end and had Doc's Automotive flare the SAE to one end of the line.
Got the top fan shroud brackets made for the Ratster, and got the clutch hydraulics in for the 47. It moves, but i don't know if it releases the clutch yet.
The other line in the picture is a brake line, not hooked up yet.
The good news is that i got the alter-damn-nator to output. I decided to change the voltage regulator, and while i was at it, made sure the it was grounded to the frame. Viola.
The Ammeter still won't indicate, but i guarantee the battery is getting juice. I pulled the the positive cable to see if the engine would quit, and got a shock that convinced me that something was working. Skinned the back of my left hand, but well worth it.
Thursday new wheels, fix the brakes, again, and then off to the muffler shop.