Darrell came over early and we pulled the 301, and got it on the Datsun frame. Looks like everything will fit, with a little bashing.
Good, that's all the big work for a while, now just to piddle away, a little every day until the 47 is a putter, if not a driver. (golf Joke)
Got to go down and see what's wrong with the Frankenwagen transmission, then take it to a festival in two weeks.
After that transfer the tag to the Ratster, and get that ready for the Fourth of July show.
Went to a little car show in King, there might be a video soon.
But the hard part today was getting the dead Buick on the trailer. Took three tries, and tore up the yard pretty good. It only had front brakes, and without an engine in it, it didn't want to steer, stop or stay in place. But it's gone now.
Not getting much of anywhere on the 302, needs a bunch of money to get started, and Darrell had this Demolition Derby car. He lost. It still runs, it wasn't overheated, had a carburated 301 in it.. So here we go again.
Come to find out this is optimal. It is a Pontiac engine, it says lighter than a small block chevy, and has about 160 hp stock. If it's not worn out, i should be fine.
This is for project #10, the "Real Rod"
I was having trouble figuring out what exact 302 parts i needed, so i went this way. Of course as soon as i spent the money on this wreck, there was a "rebuildable" 289 in the paper for $150.00