Ok, Three trips to the auto parts store, and the only thing that worked was the air cleaner. Changed out the alternator, still no ammeter. I think it's charging, just not indicating.
Tried to run a rear brake line, and there are three different kinds if fittings on there, i need to go to the junk yard and start over. all i need is a splitter block, but i seem to have "bubble flares" and nothing hooks up.
On the good side, Bud seems to have sorted out the carb on the Frankenwagen, it started right up. Batting about .300 here.
Bud came down on guitar business, and he trouble-shot the wreck collection. It looks like i fried the diode in the Roadster's alternator, and he fooled with the choke in the Frankenwagen, a little. It's running a little better, and the tappet sounds a lot quieter.
In the Purple Thing I had replaced a fuel hose and hooked up a vacuum line the last guy left unhooked, so that is almost running pretty good. The last guy tended to leave stuff half done..But now it has almost like another gear in it it runs so good.
After moving the Roadster grill back a little, and tacking it in place, it is starting to look OK, so i bought a rain-resistant air cleaner so i can run it without making a hood. Obviously, i won't be driving it in the rain anyway, and this way i can just leave it out in the weather.
Going to take steps on the rear brakes, and get brave and put the windshield in place.
I have to fiberglass some of the cockpit and bolt things down, get a tag and see what it runs like.. Need a steering damper too.
And it's time to get the Datsun frame over here for the real hot rod. It rained this week, so i slacked off.
Welded and bondoed the driver's side, and put a couple of bolts in the grill to place it.. I dont like it, it's just too hogly. The overall shape is ok, but the openings are too low and plain... Well, then. Off to the junk yard..
I think i will have to make some side curves on the hood, and make a flipper thing to use this Hood Ornament.
Falcon is gone, so i am figuring out how to get this Datsun Pickup frame here to put that 36 Ford Cab on, get it off blocks.
But this Mad Maxine will soon be good enough to putt around with.. I need to bolt the grill down better, mock up and fasten the hood, and get the rear brakes to work. I drove it around the yard a little, and this thing is pretty much fun. Lots of power.
Then to get the engine into the 47, bolt down the body and sell it..
I think i would rather have the roadster to go to cruise nights and car shows with, no matter how ugly it is..
The Guy is supposed to pick up the Falcon today, i'll lose about two grand, not much to show but the two dead 302's and some Lincoln seats. But i have to get rid of a few projects before the city makes me junk them.
And still got this ungainly pile of parts nagging at me.. Poor thing.. This was at least cheap. About $500.00 here, running motor and working frame.
It's supposed to be warm today, at long last, but i need to work and make a few bucks, so no car playing.
I hope. When i get to a real project, all this messing about will be of some benefit, i hope. That actually worked better than i hoped. Now for the other side. That should be easier, i didn't hack it up as bad as this one.