got to work all day today with only one trip to home despot and one to the auto parts store.
Got the gas tank in and modified, the vice grips are holding the pickup tube until the JB Weld kicks. Hope its far enough away from the drive shaft, looks a little close.. This is a Nissan tank in a Toyota, surprisingly close to fitting..
And hacked a van running board in for a dash, or more likely a place to mount switches. I'll have to bend a piece of aluminum to cover the hole in front, but good enough for one day's haggle and grind.. I'm not going to put any more gauges, except maybe a tach.
Second picture is it cut to length, and third is stuffed into place..
And the other two running-boards will work as rocker panels for the Frankenwagen
Haven't been able to work on anything for weeks, had to crank out some basses and make a buck or two. Today i just had to mess with something.
I got a new diagnosis on the 250 in the Frankenwagen, new guess is a bad lifter. The engine is not burning oil and runs fine, so i'll go with that.. I still don't have the other engine back yet...So now i can go ahead and paint it. I buttoned up the door panel, and made a platform for the bed. I can store stuff under it, and at least i have a place to store my camping stuff.
So bent a piece to see if it worked, and to make some fences for the ram form...Worked fine, and it think that if i used a thinner wall tubing it would not deform so bad.. but this will work fine to make the framework for the bondo bucket hood... Actually i need to rename it if i want to sell the poor little thing.."The Roadster."
And got the remote oil filter on the rat rod block so i can start trying to get motor mounts in. Going to use another piece of that heavy tubing for a hole to let the tailshaft stick through the cross-member.
And sold the Model T parts for a pittance, but made $11.00. One less pile of junk for the city to get upset about.. One down, two to go..
cBoy is the dude... made a square tubing bender like he said and it worked..
I had a big piece of heavy tubing, about 6.5 inches, and cut off a hunk of that, welded a hollow trailer hitch ball on the bottom and a pice of 3/8 rod on top.. The top rollers are clumsied up out of plumbing nipples, but i will have old Bud turn some good ones on his lathe.