Bought a heavy piece of steel, and tacked on the front of the rear springs.. I got a little to hot and heavy with the cutting torch, and will have to rebuild the mounts.
But all this is just mockup. I might well have to chop all this off and redo to get it as low as i want it.
Nothing beats a try but a failure.
And the body will have to go forward six inches or so, but that's ok, the motor is just sitting there, i have no other place to store it. Now for the rear mounts and then the new front clip.. I want to stretch the wheelbase, so the radiator shell will be behind the wheels.
Had a little party and for five pizzas and a couple six packs, got everything moved around. The Bobber 36 Ford is on hold, the Ratster did not get the hood finished, and the Buckmobile, new name, is one the chopping block. I did get a title, so that's progress.
Here are pix of the 86 GMC Front end, ditto rear, and the front of this wreck with the 301 Buick. I want to make this a roller this winter, just to eliminate a few piles of rubble from the yard.
First, Zee the frame and put on the rear end. I want this turkey on the ground.