Got enough stuff on the cowl and windshield frame to stop the light coming through, so maybe it's waterproof.
And decided on a 12 inch channel, 7 inches over stock, which will leave about six inches below the Nissan Frame. I made a pattern out of some paneling i had on hand and fit it to the Ford cab. I will buy some steel tomorrow and then try to hack this together. Two months to deadline.
This channel will leave as much leg room as the Toyota i drive every day, and a lot more head room. It ought to work, but if i was going to daily drive this, it would have to be a sedan for more legroom and seat tilt.
And sold the the Nissan radiator and fan and starter for 100.00, which gets real close to the break even point.
Got a new cylinder for the lift, and a pressurized water fire extinguisher..
Bought $240.00 worth of parts for the Purple Thing, water pump, clutch, hoses and so on. Jason found an broken exhaust stud, worn out clutch, no advance on the distributor, a bunch of other problems, and spent most of today brazing up dead pollution ports. This was an '81 with a carb, so it was transitional and all the pollution stuff was marginal at best, when new and it is far from new now.. He got the Holley-Weber to go on, and all looks well... I have to get the radiator flushed or a new one, so that should do it...
Then lower the front end, think about big and littles, and some mildly fancy wheels.. Chrome steelies would be nice..
Next trip, new motor for Frankenwagen and a solid attempt to get the 47 Rat Rod ready to sell for the Fourth of July Heavy Rebel Show...Sure... No problem... (Sarc...)
So i welded some 20 gauge metal to the door, and welded the hinge to that inside and out. Best i can do, being an idiot and all. other side was worse. but the door still closed.
Mighty ugly, but i have to rebuild the whole bottom of the doors anyway, so i guess it doesn't matter. Everybody says this body is hopeless, so i guess they know what they are talking about, but it's all i have.
Anyway both doors open and close and latch, so that's something.
I tried that trick of welding up bolt holes in sheet metal by backing up the hole with brass and MIGing it. that worked fine, and i used various cheats to get the windshield frame to hold glass again.
If i could buy JB Weld in 55 gallon drums, i could cast a new truck out of it.
And i made another sculpture out of a hitch ball.. Never knew they were hollow... This is obviously a hood ornament for a 1927 Visgoth Coupe. Someday I'll make a shift knob... really. I promise
The 22-R came in early, so took it and the Toyota to Jason's for the engine swap. Naturally, the Frankenwagen started running real badly. I think it's the fuel pump.
I had noticed that the door gap on the 47 was real bad on the driver's side. The floor is so rotted out that the body was sagging.. So i made a turnbuckle thing to draw it up, and welded in a piece of 1x3 tubing. Then the door was still drooping. On inspection, the hinge was riveted to air. The hinge pins won't come out, i have been trying all winter, and the impact driver made no impression on the hinge screws. I had planned to work in the floorboards, but so much for that.