I don't know what i'm doing, or else i would be so ashamed.. Got one side roughed in. This window will be filled in, and all this ugly covered with sheet metal, so the sides will sort of be in line..
Managed to get the fender in and it might not rub... It was a wheel tub from a '70 model Fleetside.
There is a six foot long piece of 1" x 4" oblong tubing replacing the rocker panels (long rusted away) and tying all this garbage together...
With $120.00 worth of steel, budget is up to $1,600.00.. I will have over seven feet of space on the passenger side and five and a half wide in the back... The wheel wells are under the floor level so i will have a flat floor, and there should be room for me and an upright bass, and a few guitars... I might even put an old ac air conditioner in it for camping at festivals..
Chris said it looked like a hippie paddy wagon, so it is now named "The Brain Police"..
...That you have lost your mind, or at least need professional help of one kind or another....
Chris came over today, and we had at it. The first thing we did was to run out of oxygen, and had to cut everything with grinders and a sawzall... But we got the second cab roughed out and tacked on, the gas tank out and a few holes cut ...
Ran out of poop about the time the temperature hit 100, so we didn't get the door welded on. But the damage is done now, i'm committed to getting this thing made into a camper... Boy, do i need a car port..
Lots of little stuff today. It wasn't real hot... Did get a floor in the glove box, i will have to line it with something someday, but it will hold junk now... Screwed down the shifter boot, got defroster hose and hooked those up, made a first attempt at remaking the heater controls, at least the air/vent control and the heat/defrost cables... I will ignore the factory stuff, i let the panel get away from me, and will have to use choke cables.. but they work easier than those wierd stock switches..
No heater hoses yet, and the heater core and box look like somebody smacked them good and hard while swapping all those engines in and out.
At least i should have defrosters once i hook a switch to the fan motor.. assuming the fan motor is any good... right..
And temporarily stuck the tail lights on. Now to wire them and get some kind of head lights.
All clumsy work, but getting closer to getting most of the systems running... And i have about five weeks to get this on the road and camperized..
Here is the interior of the "Easy Rider T", the back of a funky 36, and the bed of my Do-doodle bug..
They wouldn't let me play with the big kids, they said my truck wasn't gnarly enough... i b'scriminated against.. wait till next year..
And on Project #3, The 66 chevy...i put on wipeshield winders, dimmer switch, passenger side door stop, torque converter cover, and am going to try to put some insides into the glove box to store things... The windshield wipers work, so that's one little thing done..
I think i will paint it tie-dye... ive had a year's supply of flat black today, thanks..