Well I managed to get time in the paint booth and was able to do the small stuff, most the suspension parts, and the chassis. It was five days of painting and cure time. Will post pix later into the season. Had a slow down in progress due too unforeseen issues.
Still working on recouping missing parts for the chassis build.
Hopefully I will be able to start on the cab and fender of the D30 soon before the heavy snows move in and just blanket everything. Until then, good luck to all in their projects.
First off, I do not claim to be a professional painter!
However I am proficient enough to trust my own hand at the task.
I used Dupont paints for most of my work. The primer is a two part epoxy, light gray. I added one part of "chroma-base-mid temp" to this mixture as well. The paint temps were around 92*F when I was doing the prime on the chassis components. I then used a Dupont industrial truck, semi-gloss black for my final paint. The primer coat has 6 layers for a very fine and smooth finish. The semi-gloss black was a three part enamel paint with a clear added in the blend. I added one extra part of the Dupont Chroma-base non-penetrate to the mixture, and this was six coats as well. Most painters do not add extra catalyst to their mixtures. I have a few friends who have been doing this type of mixing for some years with great success. My finished parts are real clear with an almost mirror finish. I will post some pictures soon of the parts that are finished. The weather turned on me before I could get any of the large pieces finished.
This picture shows my gravel pit on the side of my shop, it took me four days and 12 hours later to sift out 200 lbs of yard dirt for the blast. My friends and neighbors figured I was a bit too-hard core in my efforts on keeping this as low budget as possible. The next two are of the frame as we move on in the blasting.