Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: topher5150's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View topher5150's profile Entries: 3
Views: 358
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

03-14-2017 12:15 PM random parts offer
I get a message from a former coworker from a few years back saying his dad was upgrading his hot rod's Mustang II front suspension, and wanted to know if I wanted the old one.
I don't know if this guy saw my posts on facebook about getting a car, I didn't even know that he was still on facebook until he messaged me about the parts.
I'm going to have him send me some pics, and if I don't use it well heck I have some parts to barter with

[Entry #3]

03-13-2017 08:10 AM Buying parts, waiting for the weather to break
I was told by a couple of sources that the Chassis Engineering rear parallel leaf springs were from an early Dodge D-100 which I was able to locate at a classic Dodge parts dealer in town, found a never used Chassis Engineering spring mount kit for about half the price. Used the some of the tax return and bought the drivers side rocker box replacements from EMS.
I'm waiting for this weather to make a change, it's just been so cold and windy, and now a couple of inches of snow. Once it warms up a little, above 40 maybe I'll be able to make a little more progress.
My first big project will be moving the front cross member back into the Ford position.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

02-21-2017 09:04 AM Now that I got it home
So this past weekend I picked up a 1947 Ford Club Coupe Super Deluxe 8. I guess you get what you pay for lol. Its rough, it's rusty, it's sitting on the wrong frame, but if I take my time and do things right I think I'll eventually make something out of this.
I got her home and began stripping the hood, grill, and fenders.
If you notice in the pic the front wheels are sitting way forward of the opening. Come to find out it's sitting on a Mercury frame (118in wheelbase instead of 114in) So according to what I've researched I just need to move the crossmember to the next set of holes back.
Also I after I got the rear fenders off I noticed some frame damage in the back almost like some one tried cutting off the back of the frame about 6" in on both sides

Funds are kind of tight so this is going to be a pretty slow build compared to what some of you guys are used to.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]