Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: pcoghlan's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View pcoghlan's profile Entries: 1
Views: 613
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

08-25-2008 12:48 PM Better late than never
So I bought my '29 back in 2006 and even though I have carried out one or two jobs I never started a journal. Just never got around to it, too busy.

Other than do a little painting on the firewall there really wasn't much worth talking about anyway. Well I have decided to get rid of the SBC and auto transmission and replace them with a Y Block 292, 3*2 barrels on a Fenton intake and 3 speed top loader. I think others might have some interest in this and as I have NEVER attempted anything on this scale I decided to try to record it.

I will also put some notes down on the checkerboard paint job I did on the firewall as it really is my pride and joy. This was the first time I ever picked up a spray gun and was totally done in my garage, albeit with advice from regulars here.

My intent is to aim for an old school highboy. For a reason I cannot determine some seem to think old school equals ratrod, not in my book. My hope is to create something similar to what might have been created in the late 50s or 60s.

These are some photos taken the day I bought the car. It is a real steel '29 but I don't know what model of A it is?

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]