Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: JRork's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View JRork's profile Entries: 4
Views: 932
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

07-07-2010 09:53 PM 500" roller motor for the coupe
Here's the motor that will be transplanted into the coupe

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

07-05-2010 05:33 PM Here's an update
Well, it's been a loooong time since I had anything to add here. I've spent most of my time and money on my boat and chasing grandkids.
Life has changed and my wife and I have decided to make our boat more grandkid friendly and just put a regular bigblock in it and enjoy it with the kiddles.

Sooooo, I'm going to transplant the blower motor out of the boat and stick it in the coupe. We'll definately be going prostreet which is something I always liked and maybe take it to the local drags once in a while.

The motor is a 500" roller motor built by Obnoxious Racing Engines in SoCal with a 8-71 and a couple of modded 850s. Alcohol and water injection by Rodney at AIS. Should be a good ride for the coupe.

[Entry #3]

10-26-2006 06:49 PM Dropping the back down where it belongs
Well, last weekend I started looking over what it takes to get the rear down where it needs to be and started by marking the trunk floor. Don't sweat the cutting as this is floor that I installed back in the old days from a donor car in Montana.

Cut it out with a combo of a 4" cutoff wheel in my Makita and "Ole Faithful", a sawzall.

It's obvious that there was going to be room needed so I cut off the back half of the leafsprings to get a better idea of how this was going to look and what issues I would have. This certainly gets the back down where I want it and now I need to come up with the air suspension setup to get it where it belongs full time.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

10-22-2006 09:42 AM JRorks41Chev
Well folks, I'm going to start this and hope it all makes sense. This is a 41 Chev MasterDeluxe Business Coupe we bought as a semirunning car in the 80's. I'll do a better job of describing the chain of events later but in a nutshell we fixed it up and drove it till the mid 90s or so and then parked it in the garage till now. Much has happened through the years that we've owned this car and it was still stored at our old house that our daughter and family are renting from us. Well now it's at our house and I'm going to tear into it. Current plans are airbags all the way around and a fresh 400 SBC with an auto. Stay tuned and I''l do my best to tell the story up till this point and then keep this project current from here on out..........Thanks......John

Here's a pic of a pic from the 80's with our daughter and son and then heres another taken yesterday with it settnig in it's new spot. Lot's has taken place from then till now and I'll do my best to fill in the blanks.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]