Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: genr8rs's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View genr8rs's profile Entries: 10
Views: 1609
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

12-22-2011 07:41 PM 1949 Chevy PU 3/4t barn find
Ok, got the step notch center widened and the outsides widened, Now I should have the room I need for the bag suspension to operate properly. Added the bags, bag cross member and initially set the pinion angle. But there is still not enough clearance for the 4 link bars from the side of the frame. This is the 2nd rear housing they sent after no less than 8 calls and 6 weeks, even after I have had sent measurements again. I want the bars to be parallel to the frame and when the frame drops they touch the step notch before full travel. AAAARrrrgggg!!! I need to do something different until this gets fixed, I sent my hood and visor to a guy I met. He did an excellent job. This has cheered me up a bit.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

12-22-2011 12:08 PM 1949 Chevy PU 3/4t barn find
The 1st set of 4 link bars and frame bracket are not correct. Will call and get another set. Also rear housing brackets on the 2nd rear housing still dont clear the frame rails. AAAaarg! I also found out they said I used the wrong C notch kit if I didnt use theirs included in the kit. The inside opening needs to be widened. So here we go.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

12-21-2011 05:45 PM 1949 Chevy PU 3/4t barn find
Set the front on the suspension to check the height, started on another plan for the C notch since I couldn't use the first one I bought.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

12-18-2011 09:01 PM 1949 Chevy PU 3/4t barn find
Working with a friend who runs a motor shop we started to build the 383 stroker.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

12-18-2011 08:35 PM 1949 Chevy PU 3/4t barn find
Moved the frame into the drive planning to cut out the frame items I dont need, and remove the front and rear suspension. Moved the striped down frame back into the shop to start the mockup of the new 4 link and MII with air bags. And here is the first of many issues I will have with TCI. Keep in mind this is a 3/4 ton which I have discussed with them many times and I also sent them measurements. They assured me they had what I needed. So I need to come up with another C notch idea.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

Pages (2): [1] 2