Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: loyter's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View loyter's profile Entries: 5
Views: 1044
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

05-21-2007 07:46 PM Update, or fast forward 18 months:
I have about 300 more photos, but I was too lazy to post them. Here's the wagon after 1.5 years and lots of time in the garage.

Changes: Completed the body and paint, re-did the seats, built door panels, new carpet, headliner. Upgraded the 194 to a 250 six cylinder, converted to 5 lugs and 14" rallys, replaced wiper motor, radio, heater core, turn signal switch, and added seat belts.

The crazy thing is that I just put 18 months worth of work in 1 paragraph. I'm sure there are countless other things, but that's the general idea.

The talley to this point (not counting the money I spent doing the fly and drive) is about $6500.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

05-30-2006 08:52 PM Tailgate repair
I had to repair the tailgate as well, and the patch I made from two pieces of the quarters I had cut out. The curve of the quarter matched fairly well.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

05-30-2006 08:43 PM Working on the body
I had to patch both rear quarters due to rust. I bought patch panel for over the rear wheel well (coupe) and had to fabricate from there back to the bumper. I ended up using a fence post right next to a brick wall to form the proper curve.

Along the way, I built a new spare tire well from flat stock.

I had to repair the tailgate as well, and the patch I made from two pieces of the quarters I had cut out. The

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

04-20-2006 11:20 PM Part II - Nova Wagon
The Nova, which has a bulletproof 194, ran all the way home (1000 miles). The only problems we had were overheating and a blown-out heater core. Oh, and an oil pressure sender that was more like an oil pressure spout.

Of course, when we tried to get the thermostat out, one of the bolts broke off and we put this little idea to the test. Good times.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

04-20-2006 11:15 PM Nova Wagon coming home
I picked up this wagon on ebay for $1500. Did a fly and drive to get it from Kansas to Utah.

The plan is to get rid of my '97 Sonoma and have this thing as my daily driver. Of course, a little paint/interior/motor/brake/suspension/heater/wiper/radio work is needed first.

(much of the interior work is done...I'll post photos later.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]