I have about 300 more photos, but I was too lazy to post them. Here's the wagon after 1.5 years and lots of time in the garage.
Changes: Completed the body and paint, re-did the seats, built door panels, new carpet, headliner. Upgraded the 194 to a 250 six cylinder, converted to 5 lugs and 14" rallys, replaced wiper motor, radio, heater core, turn signal switch, and added seat belts.
The crazy thing is that I just put 18 months worth of work in 1 paragraph. I'm sure there are countless other things, but that's the general idea.
The talley to this point (not counting the money I spent doing the fly and drive) is about $6500.
I had to patch both rear quarters due to rust. I bought patch panel for over the rear wheel well (coupe) and had to fabricate from there back to the bumper. I ended up using a fence post right next to a brick wall to form the proper curve.
Along the way, I built a new spare tire well from flat stock.
I had to repair the tailgate as well, and the patch I made from two pieces of the quarters I had cut out. The
The Nova, which has a bulletproof 194, ran all the way home (1000 miles). The only problems we had were overheating and a blown-out heater core. Oh, and an oil pressure sender that was more like an oil pressure spout.
Of course, when we tried to get the thermostat out, one of the bolts broke off and we put this little idea to the test. Good times.