Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: fattys50's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View fattys50's profile Entries: 5
Views: 1015
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

04-06-2008 05:20 AM new ride stance
after double checking measurements of the frame to the ifs diagnally on the floor and readjusting the ifs to make it square, i tacked in the front suspension and put it on the ground. i'm going to add some weight and the springs back in to it to see how the ride stance is going to look before the ifs is welded in for good. i used threaded rod to set the lower control arms level with the ground to simulate how it will be on the ground. when i got the tub, the rearend was just strapped to the leafs, i made some blocks to put it back in the correct postion. there is a rake to it right now even with the broken leafs out.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

03-02-2008 03:05 PM gettin in deep
I welded a couple of supports onto the original frame and was trial fititng the caprice stub on. I hung the fenders on loose to get an idea of how much of a difference the new stance on the front will be. I have an inch on both sides to make up between the original and the caprcie stub. It is going more work, but that is what was available. The stub is level side to side right now. I left the original crossmember in for support right now and will be removed later. Therapy continued......

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

01-27-2008 03:05 PM Preparation for new front suspension
Pulled the motor and tranny this past weekend in prep for cutting the front end off.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

01-19-2008 07:39 PM fattys50 57' Suburban
Here's what I'm starting with. Let the therapy begin. Getting ready to put the stub in position.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

01-19-2008 07:31 PM New paint
Little wishful thinking

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]