Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: sjw6's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View sjw6's profile Entries: 7
Views: 950
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

07-09-2006 06:05 PM more disc brakes
Okay, so the disc brakes are done, I took a ride yesterday and the pedal didn't quite feel right. So today I did a little research and found that I hadn't adjusted them after I put them back on. So, I went and adjusted them, pedal felt great. So I took another ride.

Again something didn't quite feel right, I got home and as soon as I got out of the car I smelled it. Left brake shoe was dragging. I opened up the drum, and got a burn on my arm for my trouble. Dragging brake shoes cause a lot of heat. It was then I realized that I put the shoes on wrong. Primary shoe on the back, secondary on the front. So that's fixed.

By the way now I know the short pad is the primary, it goes on the front and the long shoe is the secondary, it goes on the back. Things were a little easier this time, however.

[Entry #7]

07-08-2006 09:43 PM drum brakes!!!
Who thought drum brakes were a good idea? If I ever find out there's gonna be trouble.

Anyways, I did the brakes today, front discs. Easy as pie. Things couldn't have gone smoother if I'd had someonelse do them.

But the rear brakes were drum. I'd never done drum brakes before. Lots of springs. But I was able to use the other side for reference as I did the left side.

So they're done. Like always it's a good day when you can finish up and drive away.

[Entry #6]

07-07-2006 10:24 PM a little at a time
Recieved the wiper control arms today. I went ahead and installed and tested them. Wiper motor seems to be hanging up, but it's too late to start the car, don't want to wake the neighbors, so I will check with the motor running in the morning.

Price check so far 171.86 so far

Tomorrow - brakes, all the way around! Maybe that will lend it self to fixing that pesky emergency brake cable.

Not much left to do before I send it off to the shop for the body work. Then we'll see how the price check looks.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

07-04-2006 07:57 PM blinker blues
Today I got around to changing out the relay for the turn signals. A bi-product of doing this is finding out that the wiring under the dash is a night mare.

[Entry #4]

06-18-2006 06:07 AM one more thing
oh yeah, and do a brake job. Brakes have started to squeal, so I figure I'll go ahead and do that too. It can't hurt.

[Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2