Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: scottyd's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View scottyd's profile Entries: 52
Views: 7110
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

10-27-2012 07:38 PM Not bad so far
I started this project back in 06 its come a long way since then still so far yet to go

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #52]

10-26-2012 03:05 PM Got the motor mounted
Finally got the motor mounted Ken from work came over to weld the motor mounts and tranny mounts into place

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #51]

09-29-2012 06:26 PM Tranny mount brackets and new work bench
Made the brackets to hook up the tranny mount crossmember at work. Dads gonna help me get the harmonic balancer,the pullies,and a couple other things on the engine before we mount it, also get the drive shaft back to gether and hooked up to make sure theres enough room for everything. Pretty much all set to have Ken from work come over and weld everything into place. I used the wood left over from getting the roof done this summer to build a heavy duty work bench in place of the chincy one I built a few years ago,much better.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #50]

09-25-2012 07:34 PM Found the bearing cap
After searching websites all day trying to figure out how to identify the yoke that I used the universal joint from to get the bearing cap I needed I realized I never used the other two bearing caps from it so I knocked them out and it fit perfect. I also bolted up the tranny mount to see where I need to mount the brackets for it I measured up the ones that were on the trike frame and made a drawing to bring to work to make them.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #49]

09-21-2012 09:45 PM Put the motor in place
Dad came over this morning and help me bolt the tranny on and lower the motor into place we blocked it up rite where it needs to be. Now just a few things to figure out space wise how far back or foward it can go once the harmonic balancer is on. We switched out the universal joint that was on the drive shaft that came with the car when dad bought it with the one from the tranny im using. Dad noticed that a few of the needle bearings in one of the caps were broke so I need to stop at the junk yard (South Buffalo Auto Parts) to see if our buddies over there can hook me up with a good one. We set the drive shaft in place and it looks like i can use it just the way it is. I also found the tranny mount Ope made for dads trike it should work for me also need to make mounting brackets for it.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #48]

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11