Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: scottyd's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View scottyd's profile Entries: 54
Views: 7894
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

09-14-2014 01:25 PM Exhaust Manifolds and Water Pump
Started piecing the engine back together today with the parts dad had on there when it was in his Suburban to see how everything is gonna fit. Got the manifolds and the water pump on today. The frame barley clears the drivers side manifold though gonna have to look into what I can do about that.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #54]

09-13-2014 03:21 PM Starting to piece her back together
Was planning on lowering the suspension next but got some pretty good advice the other night. Im gonna start piecing the body and motor back together to get all the weight back on it before I mess with the suspension. I started by getting the steering column in place. The motor is in the way of the mounting bracket, its suppose to be straight up and down. Probably could sneak it in if i put it in before the motor but if I make it so i can mount it at a angle it gives me more room for the manifold. Also i scored these old school lights from work cleaned them up n strung them up in the rafters for now eventually gonna wire them up on the outside of the garage

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #53]

10-27-2012 08:38 PM Not bad so far
I started this project back in 06 its come a long way since then still so far yet to go

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #52]

10-26-2012 04:05 PM Got the motor mounted
Finally got the motor mounted Ken from work came over to weld the motor mounts and tranny mounts into place

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #51]

09-29-2012 07:26 PM Tranny mount brackets and new work bench
Made the brackets to hook up the tranny mount crossmember at work. Dads gonna help me get the harmonic balancer,the pullies,and a couple other things on the engine before we mount it, also get the drive shaft back to gether and hooked up to make sure theres enough room for everything. Pretty much all set to have Ken from work come over and weld everything into place. I used the wood left over from getting the roof done this summer to build a heavy duty work bench in place of the chincy one I built a few years ago,much better.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #50]

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11