Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: heyjude076's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View heyjude076's profile Entries: 3
Views: 1021
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

10-05-2008 08:21 AM Bringing home the 401 Nailhead
Found a 401 Buick Nailhead with Switchpitch transmission in CT. Wife had been after me for a road trip on the motorcycle. Her motorcycle and I ride the "B" seat. Thought why not so put together a small flat trailer and away we went. Motor and transmission filled the trailer but with it balanced with just the right amount of tounge weight it pulled straight. Over 1200 mile round trip and we both got our wishes. I had my motor home and the wife added more to her states visited on a motorcycle. She only has the far north west states, MS, LA and maine and she has all of the lower 48.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

10-05-2008 08:14 AM Fenders and body coming off
Fenders and running boards coming off. Body off and hanging

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

10-05-2008 07:54 AM 34 Ford 2dr Sedan
Last run as original. Body coming off to prepair for new chassis. Took the sedan out to cruise at the local drag strip. Was allowed to take it down the strip for a couple fun runs. Techs had a good time with it but they did make me rig up a seat belt. Marked it AA/Gas on the window which had the crowd expecting something big to happen. I guess 46MPH at 27 seconds was not quite what they expected. The jig was up on the second but the crowd cheered me on to a whopping 51MPH at 25 seconds. Time now to say good bye to the old chassis

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]