No real news to update with the truck. My family and I have relocated to So. CA, the truck made it without incident. Unfortunately I still don't have room at the house to keep it, so a local body shop is doing small projects for me until I can clear out the garage and get going again. Don't expect any real progress for another year or so.
I found this picture out on the web, it is NOT my truck. Someday though....
Unfortunately I have received the official word - my family and I are moving from Texas to California. So I took a week off of work and put the truck back together. It will have to be trailered out, which will cost about $1000 (there goes the budget!).
It was great getting the kitchen pass to spend a week in the garage. By the end of the week I was ready to get back to work so I could rest.
I ordered a bolt kit for the front, that included most everything I needed to put the major pieces back in place. Once again the majority of my time was spent fighting broken bolts.
Picture 1: Interior view of radiator and support.
Picture 2: It looks like a truck again. Notice the green driver's side rear fender? Instead of buying a new one, I traded a guy that lives here in town. I took his long bed fender for my shortbed fender - he wanted the wheel well cut out and I didn't, so it worked out for both of us.
After months of procrastination I finally finished up the bed wood. It didn't come out as perfect as I wanted it to, but it look pretty good.
I applied 3 total coats of sealant, and 2 coats of urethane to the oak boards.
The tricky part was the gas fill hole. Also, due to the extremely slow project progress, I temporarily painted the bed sides black to protect the wood from getting rust stains while waiting for final body work and paint.
Picture 1: Bed wood in place
Picture 2: Bed wood + strips and gass fill