Here it is bolted to the radiator. Then I drilled a hole and added the grille emblem for a 32 Chevy. Then I cleaned it up and mounted it in the car. I'll let you know how it works when I take it out in traffic.
Now to finish up the work on the shroud. The bottom was trimmed to clear the lower part of the fan. Then in the third and fourth picture a flange was welded to the frame of the radiator and rivet nuts were added. Then four button head cap screws per side can hold the shroud in place.
Once I found the center, made the cutout for the fan. Then used some pieces of wood a buddy of mine made to draw the aluminum out to clear the fan. Now I just need to seal the bottom and mount it to the radiator and grill.
Time to get to work. The car runs great but in traffic gets a little hot. When I set up the engine in the chassis I set it as low as I could so I'd have a small tunnel in the passenger compartment. This resulted in the mechanical fan on the water pump sitting low on the radiator. I don't want to use an electric fan or a riser so I'm fabricating a shroud. I'm starting with an aluminum cake pan I got from McMaster Carr. I made a cardboard template so I could fine the center line of the water pump shaft for the cut out in the shroud. From there I'll figure out the bottom part to seal it off.
Didn't get much done on the car in 2015. I did put 2,200 miles on it and enjoyed every mile. Got to give both my 4 year old granddaughter and my 1-1/2 year old grandson for rides. I have a total of 3,2087 miles on the car since I put it away after a ride on a mild Christmas day. Hope to get a few things done this winter as time allows.