Last weekend my Dad and I used what was left of the original left hand side sill and made some new ones for both sides of the car. Everything seemed to fit well. Now we are trying to come up with a plan to use the wood sills we made as templates to replace them with metal. Then we can replace the wood inside the cowl also. Picture 1 is the original sill, Picture 2 both new ones in the car, Picture 3 is a closeup of the left side.
We used the wood patterns to make these new steel tubing sills. The steel sills are made out of 1 1/2" X 3" rectangular tubing. We are now working on replacing the wood inside the cowl that supports the doors and windshield.
We got the frame back from the sandblaster. Old cross-members we're removed and all the unused holes we're filled. Next the new TCI independent front suspension will be welded in along with the Posie's rear leaf spring suspension. Then work on the motor mounts and center cross members can begin.