Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: TFoch's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View TFoch's profile Entries: 75
Views: 30617
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (15): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

12-10-2008 10:35 AM 1933 Chevy Cabriolet Cowl
I spent the last two weekends filling the holes on my firewall. The larger holes were filled by cutting out a piece to fit inside and then MIG welding around it. I had to tack it a little at a time as not to warp it. Picture 1 shows what I started with.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #25]

11-19-2008 10:53 AM 33 Chevy Cabriolet Chassis
We got the center crossmembers and the brake pedal, master cylinder and booster mount welded in place. The piece of angle in front of the rear spring mounts will be removed once the crossmember to mount the shocks is in place.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #24]

10-09-2008 05:59 PM 33 Chevy Cabriolet
This past weekend we finally got to start the engine. My daughter Kristen had the honors of being the first one to turn the key to fire up the 283. With a little timing adjustment it fired up pretty quick and sounded great (open headers!). Now to get some more work done on the chassis.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #23]

09-08-2008 06:15 PM 33 Chevy Cabriolet Chassis
I located my brake pedal / master cylinder onto the chassis. This bracket was made for a 32 Ford so I had to shorten the rear flange that attaches to the frame rail. This put the pedal parallel to the centerline of the chassis. The level across the sills is where the floor will be located. Now I just need to remove the booster and weld it in. I'm still working on my wood replacement and will have some updates soon.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #22]

05-18-2008 04:02 PM 33 Chevy Wood Replacement
Now the fun begins! There is a lot of wood in early thirties Chevys. We will be replacing it with steel. The first to go is the wood that was up inside the cowl. It was removed and we started the replacement pieces.The first picture shows the empty cowl. The second the wood that was removed, the top piece and the patterns for the side. The third shows the side replacement piece welded together.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #21]

Pages (15): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15