Seven years ago when I brought this car back to New Hampshire in boxes I promised my Dad he'd get the first ride. After a lot of work and help from some close friends and family, today I was able to keep that promise. My Dad was born in 1933 so he's the same age as the car. It wasn't a long ride but I think it made his day. It definitely made my day!
Got the car fired up this weekend. My daughter got the honors of turning the key. When it first started there was a grinding noise that scared the heck out of me. It had run a couple of years ago with no problems. We finally figured out it was the transmission cover hitting the flex plate. I bought a "universal" plastic one that doesn't fit quite right. After removing it the car ran great. Just a couple small leaks I need to fix. I still have some things to get done before I go to the DMV to get it registered. I was able to drive it out of the garage, turn it around and drive it back in. Getting closer! Here are a couple pics of it while I had it outside.
While I was working on my front fenders this weekend my Dad, who's a retired sheet metal worker decided to help out and make my battery box cover. He has all his equipment in my cellar. He took he measurements and when he came out this is what he had. We painted it and attached the hinge. Done and I didn't have to do a thing.
Got the front tires on 33 and got it on the ground. Here's a couple of pics from in the garage. I like the way it sits. American Racing Torq Thrust 15 X 6 on the front and 15 X 8 on the rear. BFG T/A Radials 205/60-15 on the front and 255/70-15 on the rear
I mounted the rear fenders and used Filling Station #B184 3/16 Beaded Fender Welt. It's Vinyl and is 1 1/2" wide. Comes in a 25 foot roll for $15.50. It fit good but is a little loose around the top of the fender. I might try a piece of black duct tape on the inside of the welt to tighten it up. I used Anchor Nuts #GM1021 to hold the fenders on. These fit and worked well.