I made a dolly to hold the body while I finish the chassis. Plan is to finish weld the shock cross member, fill a few unused holes ans then paint the chassis. Then reassemble the chassis to get it ready for it's first ride this summer. This will allow me to work on the floor and the body while the chassis is being assembled.
I wanted my alternator to fit down by the drivers side of the block. I tried a standard Delco/GM alternator but no matter how it was located it would hit my steering shafts. A friend got this Denso 55 amp alternator that was small enough to fit where I wanted it. I designed the brackets in CAD and had them machined. I still need to get a shorter belt but I like the way it fits.
Got the Borgeson shafts for the steering. After measuring with the wood dowels we ordered custom length splined shafts. Everything fit perfect. Fit the trans tunnel to the floor and I'm happy with the way it fits. I'll weld flanges on both ends now and then I can bolt it in.
My dad rolled the trans tunnel for me and bent the side flanges. Helps to have a retired tin knocker in the family. Then we made the piece to fit in the end of it using Greenlee punches to get the radii. I media blasted it to clean it up and tacked it into place. After finish welding it all I have to do is make the rest of the flange for the end and the front. We also measured for the steering shafts using wooden dowels. Shafts are on order and should be in this week.