I wanted my alternator to fit down by the drivers side of the block. I tried a standard Delco/GM alternator but no matter how it was located it would hit my steering shafts. A friend got this Denso 55 amp alternator that was small enough to fit where I wanted it. I designed the brackets in CAD and had them machined. I still need to get a shorter belt but I like the way it fits.
Got the Borgeson shafts for the steering. After measuring with the wood dowels we ordered custom length splined shafts. Everything fit perfect. Fit the trans tunnel to the floor and I'm happy with the way it fits. I'll weld flanges on both ends now and then I can bolt it in.
My dad rolled the trans tunnel for me and bent the side flanges. Helps to have a retired tin knocker in the family. Then we made the piece to fit in the end of it using Greenlee punches to get the radii. I media blasted it to clean it up and tacked it into place. After finish welding it all I have to do is make the rest of the flange for the end and the front. We also measured for the steering shafts using wooden dowels. Shafts are on order and should be in this week.
Once I got the floor in I made a cardboard template to locate the steering column and hole for the brake pedal. Then I was able to transfer the holes over to the floor. Now I can layout the steering shafts and u-joints to connect the column to the rack and pinion steering box. I still have to slice the brake lever to get the right radius so it'll line up with my foot.
I finally got the rear part of the floor fitted in the car. I still need to bolt it down but at least it fits. I must have pull it out, do some trimming and put it back in more than 20 times to get it to fit right.