After reshaping the entire roof line I had to resize the rear window so it would fit in the much smaller area of the roof. The first thing I did was to cut 8 inches out of the center Then welded it back together, then I took 2 inches out of the height and welded it back together again and here's the finished product
I started the roof framing , using 1/2 inch square tubing. It takes a little patience to get the right shape. I used some old lengths of aluminum fuel line that shapes very easily to get the right fit before bending it in the square tubing. I started out with the main hoop from front to rear first, then added the rest of them one by one. Hopefully tomorow I'll get a chance to Fab some of the roof panels.
It's been awhile since I've made much progress, but I finally got a chance to finish one of the doors with the hinges finished. It took some time to fabricate some new bracing for the doors. The Hagan hinge kit gives you all the adjustability you need.
I began work on the suicide doors next. These are Hagan Street Rods suicide hinges. I Like this kit very much, it allows you to put the hinges anywhere you like. It also comes with a DVD that shows you step by step how to install which helped a great deal. It does take some planning and measuring, but wasn't that bad.
After making new trunk floors I started the floors for the interior. The floor panels weren't too bad, The tunnels for the trans were a little more difficult, but making templates from cardboard helped alot! It takes alot of patience and quite a bit of trimming but I am very happy with the results. A bead roller was used to make the reinforcing ribs for added strength. I used the same epoxy primer on the floor and tunnel as on the body to protect against rust.