Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: tfeverfred's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View tfeverfred's profile Entries: 37
Views: 10349
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

01-05-2014 12:09 PM Roller Rockers
The guy who built my stroker motor, thought I might squeeze out a few more horsepower by switching to Roller Rockers. Took an hour to swap them out and set them. So far, I like them. I seem to feel a little difference above 90MPH. Torque probably improved as well.

I should post what changes my T has been through since I left a number of years back.

Over the years, I switched to a mild 350 SBC. I used to run a 305 SBC, when I first built my T Bucket. Things were going well, but I wanted to go faster, so last October, a friend of mine built me a stroker motor. It's a 350 block with reworked 305 heads. 2.02 intake and 1.60 exhaust valves, mellow street cam. She's a 377 now, and 10.1 compression ratio.

Transmission is a heavy duty 350TH that I installed last spring. As of now, I have to "feather" the throttle on hard launches. Traction is a minor problem. So, a stronger rear end is in my immediate future.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #37]

03-17-2008 06:06 PM I'm back!
Deleted my previous journal entry and I'm back to talk T Buckets. I've been lurking for the last year and it's good to see that the drama and stalkers have gone.

So, here's what my t Bucket looks like now. It's been through a LOT! I'll get to tell anyone who's curious, what went on.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #36]

03-10-2008 09:06 PM A little trim piece.
Just a little piece that I promised a friend I would add to my car, if I could find a spot. About 7 months ago, he donated a door sill out of a '28 Model A. I knew I wanted to put it somewhere, but couldn't figure out where, until today. Right in front of the seat base in my T Bucket! Looks like it belongs there! Details. Ya gotta have the details.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #35]

03-06-2008 07:24 PM My first gauge!
My girl got it for me! During a visit to the auto parts store, she said I could have anything less than $30. Of cousre, I had to take off the "Made in Taiwan" sticker, so I put on a vintage decal I had in my collection. It was cool to see that my T Bucket idles right at 550RPMs.

I'll be "test diving" my new gauge this weekend! LOL

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #34]

03-05-2008 06:07 PM steering coulmn installed
I decided to go with a 3/4" steel rod, that I got from the hardware store. I got my coupling and steering wheel hub from Speedway. The outer shaft cover came from Total Performance. I chose it because it is made to work with their chassis. A good friend welded everything up and gave me pointers along the way. I'm going to learn how to weld this year, as a promise to myself.

It all went together perfectly. Luckily, I measured everything about 50 times before hand! The hard part was attaching everything together onto the steering box. This being my first time, I made the mistake of bolting the body on before I tackled the steering column. There is hardly any room underneath the body, so it was necessary to raise it up a little to attach the steering shaft to the steering box.

The hub for the steering wheel has a quick disconnect. It will make a nice anti-theft device. Plus, it looks racey!

Notice my way cool floor mats that I scored at the auto parts store!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #33]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8