My Mom has cancer and the chemo forced her to retire early.
So, for the past 6 months I've been finishing my basement so my folks can move in with me. Dad and I are really looking forward to playing cars together again!
Anyhow, I'm drywalling this weekend, so I'm on the home stretch now.
I pulled the inner rear quarter panel to gain access to the B pillar, and to plan for operating quarter windows.
There's several small square tubes jambed up inside the b pillars to reinforce those areas, as well as inside the door window surrounds.
The door closes Amazingly well, I impress myself sometimes.
Got A bunch of preliminary work done during the xmas break.
I removed all the trim (or what was left) and boxed everything up to store while I sling weld.
Nice holes in the floor, luckily it's just the drivers side. The other side doesn't look to bad. However, the HUMP under the seat is going to raise any seat to high (I'll boink my head) So the raised portion has to go!.
I got the "A" pillars welded up. Jambed a 1/2" and a 3/8" solid steel rod up from behind the dash into the pillars. The shinny spots are the plug welds onto the rods. The gap is just about monolithic weld!