Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: crazy larry's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View crazy larry's profile Entries: 3
Views: 4199
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

04-30-2004 01:46 AM better comparison before and after shots
just to give you an idea of how far i've come, and how much farther i have to go.....

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

04-30-2004 01:44 AM as it sits today....
a few weeks and a little over two hundred miles later......

the POR-15 on the fender well under the master cylinder has bubbled up and off..... noticing a few spots on the heads near the exhaust ports that are peeling up........ but other than that, no problems...... knock on wood.....

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

04-29-2004 02:30 AM starting at the end.
going to begin at the end and work my way back. the computer crashed, and i lost hundreds of pics. no, i never thought i'd need to save 'em to a CD. but i am a ford owner......

this is a 72 F-250 my wife bought me after we got married. it had Lord knows how many miles on it, (worn out speedo gear in tranny, REPLACED.) a wore out smoked when it started up 360. 4 speed stump puller borg warner tranny hooked to a dana 60 rear.
it all started when the steering gear box went out. the motor was burning oil, so wth? i'll have the motor rebuilt. i ended up rebuilding it myself. i had it bored .030 over, cam bearings installed, and that was all the block needed. i found a set of heads that had been dropped off for reconditioning, and never picked up. got them for less than i could have had mine done for. and they were the same casting numbers.... fwiw...... i found the pistons on ebay, cast aluminum stockers, fifty bucks. couldn't pass it up. i bought a 390 crank, had it turned, i chamfered the oil holes, and polished it. new push rods, new valves, new oil pump, edelbrock performer cam and intake. edelbrock 1405 carburetor, port matched everything on the intake, etc,etc,etc,.......

then there is the body..... it's been smoothed, drip rails shaved, antennae relocated, new rubber all the way around, cab, suspension, doors...... ppg omni 'ford performance white' with frosted blue pearl flames...... (courtesy of my bro in law spooki.)

there's more i'm sure, and as i recall it, i'll add to this.....
but i can say, the only things NOT done by me on this truck are;
1. machine work on the block, crank and heads.
2. laying out of the flames.

everything else that isn't right, is my fault. i did it. damn right i did.

heres pics of the engine bay, as clean as it's ever gonna be in it's life. one of the motor waiting.... can you hear it talking? i can.....
and another of it all together. thanks to my wife, and her brother. lmao.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]