Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: skylark65's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View skylark65's profile Entries: 3
Views: 802
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

10-08-2008 02:39 PM 4 months, nothing done...
well im a little aggrivated because i never really did anything to the buick this summer, all that got done was shocks and i bolted on my new-to-me torqe thrusts to see how theyd look, the interior and windows are still in my basement, and my window of opertuinity is pretty much closed due to winter. oh, well, theres always next year.... i guess.....
anyway, these pics are kinda old, took em at the end of last winter (notice how "gray" evrything looks...)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

05-05-2008 06:52 PM godbye my yellow dodge
my dad just sold my first ever project vehicle last saturday, because the dovelopment where i live threatened to press charges for unregesterd vehicles on our property. i traded my buick with him for it. i alwready miss it. i have had it since i was 11 years old, but never got to far with it because it needed lots of work and i had no money or skills for it to get off the ground. i traded with the buick because the buick was a running compleatly togeather car, as to the dodge being a basket case. but it was from new mexico, so the big plus was it had no rot. a nice guy from philly came and bought the truck, and he seemed to have the money to give the truck the restoration it deserved.
whats funny though is that the truck had a compleate electrical meltdown right in front of the guys trailer, almost like a last dich effort to stay. ill miss that truck

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

12-13-2007 08:29 AM before any major work
my car is a 1965 buick skylark 2 door sedan, with the original 310 wildcat V8 and. the original 2 speed auto the car

itself my dad found in a backyard in north newjersy. my dad kept the buick to sell, but when i saw the car i fell in love,

and after some negotiating, i traded him a 1951 dodge he had given me for the buick.

the car itself is in extremly good shape, with a rock solid frame and floors and the only body work it needs is lower rear

quarter panels,
and the lower trunkfloor, and minor dent repair firom having rocks thrown at it where we found it. all the interior needs

is a headliner dashpad and packidg tray. to be perfect.

this is my first real project car (im 15) and i want to thank my dad not only for the car, but also for helping the repair work

and showing me how to do the same.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]