Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 52HEMI's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 52HEMI's profile Entries: 15
Views: 2763
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

03-25-2007 10:25 PM Getting Closer
Today I drove it to the car club meeting. Still have to work out and polish the paint. Also have to get the body chrome painted gold. I'm actually begining to think I might get it done! Some of the LED's in the phony side scoop come on with the lights only and some are turn signals.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

03-25-2007 10:14 PM Entry for Upholster's Information
These are photos of what I think are the strips to hold the headliner in and other parts of the interior I am guessing are where the vinyl has to be glued.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

03-25-2007 10:09 PM Carpet & Seats
I finally have figured out (somewhat) how to run my sewing machine! Got the carpets bound and a Ford mat sewed into the driver's side. Would you believe - no wrinkles?! Seats are also back in and I drove it to our car club (Mead [NE] 'STARDUSTERS') meeting today.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

03-21-2007 09:02 PM Interior
I am embarking on a mission that I have never done to the extent that I am working on. I'm going to try my best to install the carpet (so far the soundproof and padding is down) and then attempt to sew a roll and pleat headliner and door/rear quarter panels (seats will have to wait for $s). I have installed a kit before in my '68 Mustang conv. with a minimal amount of streching and glueing, but never to this extent. I have a walking foot machine and have done a little furniture upholstery before. Any tips on roll & pleat would be greatly appreciated. Photos will follow (dependant upon the outcome, of course)!!!!

[Entry #12]

03-02-2007 06:26 PM Painted
Finally decided on a color. Wanted a darker purple, but was afraid that I may have lift some flaws (at age 63 it's easy to overlook things!). As it turns out, the body is nearly perfect, in spite of the fact that the top had been caved in. Also, with so much fabrication, I wasn't sure I got all the 'waves' out. Still not sure about the color, but it is 'growing' on me; and I wanted the car to stand out - I definitely think it will! I would welcome feedback on any part of this project, if anyone would be so kind. Comments(good or bad) are welcome, it's nearly impossible to hurt my feelings and I love new ideas. Thanks Jon

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3