Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 1970Chevy's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 1970Chevy's profile Entries: 12
Views: 3516
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

12-12-2007 06:57 PM epoxy paint
first layer of epoxy paint

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

10-19-2007 01:30 AM A Message from the Rod gods
October 18th 2007. Today as I was working on the el camino at my storage unit, I heard a loud racket comming from the unit next to me. As I walked out of my unit I see a green 1957 Ford Pickup. Two old timers are standing next to it and they greet me.

I was taken back by the 57' pickup. These Gentlemen, Mark and Larry, were some of the coolest guys I had ever meet. Larry said "you never know what could've been right next to you". I was taken back that Ive been working blood sweat and tears on my 70' el camino for six months and the whole time have been inches away from another Rod (even though it was just a Ford

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

10-13-2007 08:24 PM 10-13-07
Today I got along pretty far trying to get the electrical stuff ready to get the dash in.

I think I may have a vacuum leak but I didnt do anything but video-tape it so I can ask advice on this website. The guys here know so much about this hobby.

Here is the Video, It was hard to hold the camera and do what I was trying to do.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ihEho-OvB8E"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ihEho-OvB8E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

10-13-2007 08:17 PM October 6th 2007
I took the accessories off the engine, cleaned off the grease, replaced anything that coroded or worn, stripped and repainted the valve covers and air cleaner tin.

I also installed a helicoil in the crank (stripped crank snout), replaced the harmonic balancer, Made sure of TDC, welded on a new timing tab (my first welding job...two tac welds), put on a new chrome timing gear cover, and put back the accessories.

I also cleaned the manifold a bit and installed a vacuum gauge. I still need to replace the gaskets for both the manifold and the carburator.

She didnt start up today, it turns out it was just a dead battery.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

09-23-2007 11:25 PM Some body... 9-23-07
Today I finished sanding the paint off of the car. I still have some finishing touches to do before I put primer on. I'll be doing the bondo work after the first layer of Eurethane primer.

I bought a shop vac yesterday so clean up and organization gets bumped up a couple of points. This is my first big project. in my young years Ive only been able to dream of things. Now it feels like I am finally going for what I dream of. From legos to building cars, ha ha.

I also have the engine disassembled down to the longblock.

I am also thinking of simplifying the wiring. I talked to a guy today at the storage unit who saw me working on the el camino. He mentioned something about a brand of wiring harnesses that are exactly for simplifying the wiring that you might have. The name slips out of mind but Ill do some research.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3