Windlace to go in, and figuring how to make kick panels. The truck wasn't trimmed inside originally, I really like how it looks, and even better, how the leather smells in the small cab. Great. Next up, finish up the wiring (the tailights aren't wired up, and front blinkers in the small lights on the headlamp buckets), get the brake controller wired up. It's coming.
Air shocks mounted, bed floor back down and the trim on, bed side panels on. Next, making aluminum panels to trim out the indside of the cab, and cover them with taupe leather to match the seat. The headliner panel will be made of aluminum and covered with leather as well. Should be pretty. Lilke mose trucks then, the insde of the cab wasn't upholstered. It's all insulated with "Cool McCool-mat", much cheaper and better than Dyna-Mat! And, I make less noise...
Hey, how'd that picture of my GMC dually get in there?
I got the tank back from my buddy's radiator shop, all patched, sealed and a new, hand built brass sump/baffle for the fuel pump. The plastic one disintigrated in the tank when they were cleaning it. I put the new pump in, got the tank mounted, dumped a couple gallons of fresh gas in, cycled the pump a few times and lit up like it'd been run yesterday. Whew! I was worried I'd have to replace or clean all the injectors. I did have to replace all the rubber sections of fuel line (at the filter and tank connecters) as they were dry, brittle and leaked.
It all cost only about $50 more than a new tank would have been...but, I'd have had to cut a new tank up to fit the in-the-tank pump anyway, so it's all good now. It felt good to fire it up, I'd forgotten how good a 5.0 HO sounds through a Cat-less exhaust!
After a fiasco the past couple of days due to a rusty gas tank in the 'Bird half full of varnished gas (it's been setting 6 years), I lowered the front by cutting an extra pair of coils. Looks MUCH better, although now the back has to come down a couple inches, which means new tailpipes, which means something else probably won't fit anymore either. Oh well.
The gas tank will be done next week, patched, cleaned and sealed. There's a new fuel pump here waiting, a new filter, new battery under the hood. I'll get the LTD II front disks bled, and we'll see if that bad boy will fire up.
The latches are in, the top is secured to the body. The trim pieces are cut and fitted, all that remains to do is to make a lower lip to hold the backlight and trim the channel where the quarter windows roll up. Then, a little bondo, a little paint, it'll be as good as new. Only lower.