My wife took these photos of me pretending to drive the '36, while I made engine noises. Actually, I was showing her how comfortable the seating position is thanks to her suggestions to put the seats on adjusters, and tilt the front up. She remains unconvinced...
Finished up the interior panels, and mounted the 3 point seat belts. I ended up making shoulder strap mounts from some flat 1/4" stock and welding them to the inner body just ahead of the top hinges, which seems to work. The retractors are mounted to the body mounts at the door jambs, and the latches are bolted to the seat tracks which I scavenged from a conversion van. It's all GM stuff.
Also modified the seat mounts themselves, made little risers for the front to tilt the seat base, it wasn't comfortable flat on the floor. Carved the foam cushions too, it seems to be pretty comfy, even without the backs padded yet.
I finished up a bunch of little stuff, got the wiring completely done, and miraculously, everything works with no smoke leaking from the wires.
Got the 14" electric cooling fan this weekend and after I got the shop cleaned enough to be able to move around I got 'em installed this morning ;-) I would have like to have been able to use a 16", but as it was I had to offset the smaller one down 2" and to the right 2 1/2" to clear the waterpump pulley. There's about 3/8" between the pulleys bolts and the fan housing, and the fan is only 2 1/4 thick. Tight.
Made small aluminum filler panel from the radiator to the grill to force the fan to pull air from the front as opposed to hot engine compartment air, so I guess it's as good as I can get. The panel looks nice, rolled some beads in it as long as I have my buddy's bead roller.
Wow. I'm impressed. Got the beads rolled, and the panels mounted, they look better than I could have hoped. Only goofed up one small quarter panel, and had enough scrap to make a new one. The job really looks great, and fits the style of the build, and my original idea, perfectly.
I'd planned on aluminum interior panels from the beginning of the project, and yesterday got busy and cut out the door and quarter panels. Trying to layout now a design for the beading. I want an Art Deco inspired something, similar to the dashboard "waterfall". I've laid out something with three horizonal lines at the top, coming together in the center, tightened up a bit and ending just over the area where a map pocket will be. Sort of hard to see in the poorly lit photos, but I like it. Now, if my hand/eye coordination is up to rolling the beads, we'll be good...