Today I got busy and started on the bomber seats for the '36. I cut the aluminum with a sabre saw, lubed with WD40, and bent the curved seat back over the 02 tank from my torch set. Tommorow I'm off to my buddies shop to roll some stiffening beads in the backs, and flange the base so I can rivet them together.
They look cool in the car, I'm excited to get started on this part of the project. It's nice to do some work on the "finishing" touches, instead of welding brackets on the frame and building floorboards.
Here's the "new" artillery rims for the front. The photo of the "banjo" wheel is the one I'm going to sell, as I'm using a '39 "banjo" wheel that's in worse shape, but I like the shape of the spokes better.
These show the core support and strut rods. It was way more work than it looks like it should have been!
The last picture shows some fog lights I bought on ebay (they came with a spotlight I wanted for my '51 wagon). They're in nice shape, but look a little "busy". I'm gonna list 'em on ebay with some other stuff left over from this project and the wagon, including a REALLY nice '36 Ford "banjo" wheel.