Had a brainstorm today. I'd been kinda wondering how I'd finish dthe tops of the door. The goal is to have the car look like a roadster should, no glass, door tops rolled over nicely. Hard to do with a cut down sedan.
I had the idea to make a sort of garnish molding that'd be welded to the top of the door. This could cover the (pinched shut) glass opening, and roll over the inside, to make a sort of reveal for the upholstery, be it cloth, leather, or simply aluminum sheet, to tuck up under. So, that's what I made.
I think the results are great. It was pretty tough rolling 20 ga. over in that small piece, being that I' don't have a break, but I did an OK job. A little filler, a little primer, it'll be perfect!
I'd hoped to get all the metal work on the '36 done today, but ended up having to go to the doctors. I'd noticed my left elbow being really tender yesterday (as I leaned on it welding the door jambs) and last night it was swollen, and extremely painful. No better this morning, so in I went.
As I suspected, it's infected, probably from leaning on it while lying on the (cold) concrete floor. I'm an RN in an ICU and we've had several people in lately with extremely aggresive, initially superfical, infections that went systemic in a matter of hours, and I'm a bit worried about stuff like that. So, got my antibiotics and I'm feeling better already.
The upshot of all this was I didn't get out the garage untill after 2. I did get the drivers side wrapped up. Cowl patch, DONE! Door tops, DONE! Quarter panel tops, DONE! Rear of the body corner, DONE! It looks better with every little thing that gets wrapped up.
Tommorow I'll attack the right side. The doors and quarters are already done, all I have to do is make the (much simpler) cowl patch, and do the rear of the body. The cowl needs attention under the windshield, it got heavily trimmed to fit the MG windshield, but those are simple pieces.
It's going well, as long as I don't hurt myself too badly...
Note that my wagon is suffering sharing garage space with the roadster project.