Well I spent the better part of the day cleaning the garage and getting ready for the next step on this build. Figured I'd show some pics of my garage beings its somewhat clean. I have always been the type of person that can't function in a messy workspace but with this build and so little room I have to just deal with it for the most part.
Pic #1. My one car oversized garage. One day i'll move to bigger and better things.
Pic #2. My workbench that I built when I was still working at the fabrication shop. It's a 2x2x1/4 angle iron, Still have to paint it and cutt more 2x10's for the lower shelf when I get around to it. This things weighs probably 125# and is super solid. I don't think I could of bought a better workbench.
Well over the weekend a friend and I got the body off the old frame. First time doing this and it wasn't as bad as I thought. We used a cherry picker to lift the back and then blocked it up, then lifted the front and blocked that up. I'm pretty confident that the 4X4's will hold it. The body mounts were pretty rusty. Weeks before I went out there and sprayed the body bolts with PB blaster every other day in an attempt to help them come out easier. Didn't work, Broke 3 bolts. I'll deal with that when I get under there to weld some new body mount brackets. Found one little hole in the drivers floor the size of a half dollar. Probably just cutt it out and weld in a patch panel.
I went and got all new parts for the front suspension and brakes over the weekend. New Stock Calipers, Ceramic pads, Energy Suspension bushing kit, Shocks, Rotors, Motor Mounts, New bolts for everything, Wheel Bearings and new seals. Saturday went and put the front suspension back together and man it feels good to have put something togehter instead of taking apart and cleaning. Definitely made the project feel new again! Although Got laid off a little while ago and progress will be slow till I find a new job but got to look at it like now I got more time to work on the project and do stuff that won't involve alot of money.