Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 83elky's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 83elky's profile Entries: 11
Views: 1938
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

02-29-2008 07:05 PM More pics of my garage..
Don't laugh at the other table. Poor thing is about to break in half.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

02-29-2008 06:57 PM Spent all day today cleaning the garage.
Well I spent the better part of the day cleaning the garage and getting ready for the next step on this build. Figured I'd show some pics of my garage beings its somewhat clean. I have always been the type of person that can't function in a messy workspace but with this build and so little room I have to just deal with it for the most part.

Pic #1. My one car oversized garage. One day i'll move to bigger and better things.

Pic #2. My workbench that I built when I was still working at the fabrication shop. It's a 2x2x1/4 angle iron, Still have to paint it and cutt more 2x10's for the lower shelf when I get around to it. This things weighs probably 125# and is super solid. I don't think I could of bought a better workbench.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

02-29-2008 06:23 PM Body off the old frame...
Well over the weekend a friend and I got the body off the old frame. First time doing this and it wasn't as bad as I thought. We used a cherry picker to lift the back and then blocked it up, then lifted the front and blocked that up. I'm pretty confident that the 4X4's will hold it. The body mounts were pretty rusty. Weeks before I went out there and sprayed the body bolts with PB blaster every other day in an attempt to help them come out easier. Didn't work, Broke 3 bolts. I'll deal with that when I get under there to weld some new body mount brackets. Found one little hole in the drivers floor the size of a half dollar. Probably just cutt it out and weld in a patch panel.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

02-12-2008 10:35 PM More pics
More pics of the finished front suspension...

I wish this was my garage but it's not. I only have a one car oversized. Just storing it here because I have no room to do this in my tiny garage.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

02-12-2008 10:23 PM Front suspension and brakes...

I went and got all new parts for the front suspension and brakes over the weekend. New Stock Calipers, Ceramic pads, Energy Suspension bushing kit, Shocks, Rotors, Motor Mounts, New bolts for everything, Wheel Bearings and new seals. Saturday went and put the front suspension back together and man it feels good to have put something togehter instead of taking apart and cleaning. Definitely made the project feel new again! Although Got laid off a little while ago and progress will be slow till I find a new job but got to look at it like now I got more time to work on the project and do stuff that won't involve alot of money.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3